A group of Eastside folks gathered recently and planned some member events. Take a look below. Want to attend an event? Please contact the office by phone (503-866-0571) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to RSVP so we can contact you with any changes or updates via email.
Events will appear in the member newsletter. The five soonest also appear here on the website — along the right-hand side of the screen–>.
To see all events for the month, click the “See the full calendar” link at the bottom of that list.
Here are the events (and supporting groups where applicable) so far.
Movie Night: Second Tuesday of each month at 4 p.m. Meet at a theater, see a movie and maybe grab a bite afterward. Specifics for February will be determined soon.
Breakfast at Toast: Second Wednesday of each month at 9 a.m. Meet at Toast, 5222 SE 52nd Ave. (TriMet bus lines 10 and 71) for a yummy breakfast and camaraderie.
Happy Hour: Third Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. We continue our search for the perfect venue! Fun but not too loud, and individual checks allowed.
- For February, meet at Jade, 7912 SE 13th Ave. (TriMet bus line 70), on the second floor.
Village Walks: Third Saturday of each month at 2 p.m. All levels of walkers accommodated. Flat terrain preferred!
- For February, meet at the statue of Vera Katz on the Eastside Esplanade. Park on the west side of Water Street, on Salmon, or on Main.
Arts and Culture Group: Schedule will vary.
- On Tuesday, Feb. 23, it’s dinner followed by theater. Meet at 5:30 p.m. at Deschutes Brewery, 210 NW 11th Ave. (Portland Streetcar). Later, cross the street for the 7:30 p.m. showing of “Each and Every Thing” at the Gerding Theater. Members buy their own tickets in advance; visit the theater website or call the box office at 503-445-3700.
Gardening Group: Schedule will vary.
- On Saturday, Feb. 13, the group will attend the Yard, Garden & Patio Show at the Convention Center (TriMet MAX lines, TriMet bus line 6-ML King Jr Blvd, Portland Streetcar). Meet at the east entry at 10 a.m. or at the the Herbal Landscape seminar (room 113) at 12:15 p.m.
- On Saturday, Feb. 27, the group will attend the Home and Garden Show at the Expo Center. (TriMet MAX Yellow Line or carpool). Meet at 10 a.m. inside the main entry. Buy your own tickets.
Book Club: Schedule may vary.
- For February, read Multnomah County’s “Everybody Reads” book: The Book of Unknown Americans by Cristina Henriquez. Meet at Cary’s house on Feb. 29 from 6 to 8 p.m. To RSVP and get directions, call 503-866-0571 or email email@example.com. For more info and free books, visit the Multnomah County Library website.
- On Tuesday, March 8, the book’s author will speak at the Literary Arts Festival. Meet for dinner first, at 5:30 p.m., location to be determined. Buy your own tickets via the Schnitzer Theater website.
Details coming soon:
- Feng Shui Your Wardrobe: a presentation on how to choose clothes that work for you
- Walking tour of SE Portland with PSU Architecture Professor, Tom Hubka
- Cultural tours with Clem Ogilby, from Best Oregon Tours: a day trip to Silverton or the Columbia Gorge with a certified tour guide. Just climb aboard his van and off we’ll go!
Here’s hoping you get a chance to enjoy some of these events. Got ideas for more? Call the office (503-866-0571) with ideas for events that you would like to participate in and/or coordinate.